it was lovely reading your comments and views on my last post…thank you!I will keep you posted on my personal conclusions in a subsequent post…this new post however is dedicated to sharing few of my favorite Fashion and Style quotes bo Chanel(an all time Style Icon…regardless of your reservations on her personal style*smiles*)
She is unarguably one of the world’s greatest Style icons.
Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel (19 August 1883 – 10 January 1971)was a French fashion designer and founder of the Chanel brand. She is the only fashion designer listed on Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
My personal love for her designs is due to its timelessness and classiness,and even though an item of her exquisite label-Chanel does not come cheap, similar clean cuts and styles can be put together creating the same classy look…listed below are the quotes;
- Fashion passes,Style remains!
- Dress shabbily and they remember the dress;dress impeccably and they remember the woman!
- A girl should be two things:classy and fabulous!
- The best color in the world ;is the one that looks good on you!
- Luxury must be comfortable,otherwise it is not luxury!
- Elegance does NOT consist in putting on a dress
- Nature gives you the face you have at twenty;its up to you to merit the face you have at fifty!
- Look for the woman in the dress.if there is no woman,there is no dress!
- a fashion that does not reach the streets is not fashion!
- ….and lastly -A style does not go out of style as long as it adapts itself to its period.When there is an incompatibility between the style and a certain state of mind,it is never the style that triumphs”….Ultimately,Style is really all about the state of your mind!