Belated Valentine’s day wishes to you all!
I hope you all had a time-out to appreciate those who have shown kindness to you one way or the other,not only with material gifts but acts of kindness,”quality” time and a genuine show of affection…Love can indeed be the answer if we allow it!
Meet Simisola ,one of my favorite fashionistas rocking her colours of love so stylishly and effortlessly! Enjoy the pictures…
Enjoy the rest of the week,remembering to allow Love be the answer!
Its Tuesday…(yeap,you already know that!*smile*)well I hope you did remember its another post date with Vathiswa by Hester…keeping tracks of weekly posts and what else this gal here has to say:)..
Well I ain’t saying too much today except to introduce our “Style feature”for today(I wonder what tag we can give that?hmmmm…any suggestions from y’all?)the amazing Dammie Alabi,who shares with us her personal style.
Do enjoy below:
“My dear friend and fashion buddy asked me to talk about my style on her blog today. She is my no 1 supporter when it comes to fashion….always inspiring me to embrace my style irrespective of how quirky it seems…we get the weird looks together when we walk down the street…lol
I wouldn’t say I have a definite personal style;I’d rather say I am one who just goes with the flow, I wear whatever I like…I must however confess that a few “styles” have a huge influence on how I look –
• I am in love with my African roots, so naturally I incorporate that in my look…..
• My favourite colour is black and I mostly always wear black in my outfits….
• My love for black has also made me fall in love with some form of punk howbeit in a very sublime way.
The days I feel like a label, I actually call my style “Afro-Punk”
I recently fell in love with tees and sneakers. I love the comfort wearing a tee gives me, the feel of soft cotton against my skin is priceless!….not really sure if being plus size has anything to do with it but for me it’s always been comfort and fashion. If it ain’t comfortable, I won’t be caught dead in it.
My outfit today was inspired by a sprained knee….lol… my friend’s baby was clocking one over the weekend and we had a small party for her, I danced for about three hours and the pain in my already sprained knee returned with vengeance….hell hath no fury like a knee taken for granted!.. *laughs*
I love me!”
Style is indeed about the mindset!
Style is all about your mindset!
it was lovely reading your comments and views on my last post…thank you!I will keep you posted on my personal conclusions in a subsequent post…this new post however is dedicated to sharing few of my favorite Fashion and Style quotes bo Chanel(an all time Style Icon…regardless of your reservations on her personal style*smiles*)
She is unarguably one of the world’s greatest Style icons.
Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel (19 August 1883 – 10 January 1971)was a French fashion designer and founder of the Chanel brand. She is the only fashion designer listed on Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
My personal love for her designs is due to its timelessness and classiness,and even though an item of her exquisite label-Chanel does not come cheap, similar clean cuts and styles can be put together creating the same classy look…listed below are the quotes;
- Fashion passes,Style remains!
- Dress shabbily and they remember the dress;dress impeccably and they remember the woman!
- A girl should be two things:classy and fabulous!
- The best color in the world ;is the one that looks good on you!
- Luxury must be comfortable,otherwise it is not luxury!
- Elegance does NOT consist in putting on a dress
- Nature gives you the face you have at twenty;its up to you to merit the face you have at fifty!
- Look for the woman in the dress.if there is no woman,there is no dress!
- a fashion that does not reach the streets is not fashion!
- ….and lastly -A style does not go out of style as long as it adapts itself to its period.When there is an incompatibility between the style and a certain state of mind,it is never the style that triumphs”….Ultimately,Style is really all about the state of your mind!